This is called Bhramari Pranayama because the sound that is produced when exhaling is like a bumblebee. Bhramri Pranayam is also known as Humming Bee Pranayama. In this pranayama, you have to take a deep breath and then you will have to sound like a bee while leaving the breath out.
Bhramari Breathing technique is helpful in various types of mental illness by daily practice can cure all these mental illness. To get rid of stress, anxiety and heart disease, Bhramari Pranayama is a best Pranayam practice. Bhramari Breathing technique is beneficial for every person. From child to old, everyone can practice Bhramari breath and become healthy. Bhramari breath is a divine transformation of the person’s mind, thoughts, body, etc. By Bhramari Breathing Technique, the person gets bliss and happiness.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama Step by step
In the process of pranayama, the practice of Bhramari Pranayam will be practiced before Udgeeth Pranayam and after Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
- Find a peaceful place where the atmosphere is fresh.
- Sit on Padmasana, Sukhasana or Sidhasana, in which you feel comfortable and have a little smile on your face.
- Sit in the east direction, it will provide more benefits.
- Lose your body, don’t apply pressure in any part of the body and keep your back straight.
- Close your ears with your thumbs (put the thumbs on tragus), put the index figures above the eyebrows and rest three figure over the eyes.
- Apply gentle pressure on the upper part of the nose with the middle finger.
- Take a deep breath from the nose and release breath from the nose by make a noise like a bee, like mmmmmmmmmmmmm….. (humming sound). Feel the vibration of the bee sound over your face and other parts of the body.
- While inhaling chant OM in your mind and fill the air on your lungs.
- Focus the mind on Agya Chakra (Between the eyebrows) while performing the Bhramari Pranayam.
Bhramari Pranayama Duration
There is no limit for Bee breath Pranayam technique. Once you start doing the Bharamri Pranayam you can do in for up to 30 minutes. The minimum duration for Bharamri Pranayam is 2-5 min and maximum duration is 20-30 min. However, the person can able to perform it for 5-10 min that is also a good duration.
Best time to Do Bharamri Pranayam
The Pranayam gives you more benefits as early as you practice it in the morning. The best time for Bharamri Pranayam and all other yoga practices is before the sunrise. You can also do Bhramari breath before bed (2-3 hour after dinner), it will help you in better sleep.
Bhramari Pranayama Benefits
- There is no better cure for stress management, Self-peace, self-discipline, self-healing, self-realization except Bhramari breath.
- Bhramari breathing technique cure Hypertension.
- The high blood pressure can be completely cured by Humming bee pranayama technique.
- If you want to avoid heart diseases, then do Bhramari breath every day.
- Bhramari Pranayam is very useful for heart blockages.
- Bharatmari Pranayama is highly beneficial for all diseases like Epilepsy, headache, migraine, hypertension, stress, anguish, panic attack etc.
- Through the practice of bee breath pranayama, intellect becomes sharp, self-confident increases and the mind becomes calm.
- Bhramari breath is beneficial for those people who get angry over small things.
- Bee breath pranayama eliminates the negative energy inside the body.
- It helps in Paralysis.
- Bhramari pranayama is also useful for insomnia patient.
Bhramari Pranayama Precaution
Although there is no harmful effect of Bhramari Pranayam. But by doing it in a wrong way may create some minor problems. So follow the instruction care full or perform the practice under a Yoga teacher.
- Put your thumb on the tragus, not inside the ear.
- Practice the Pranayam with the empty stomach or after 4-5 hour of your meal.
- Do not press the tragus of the ear too hard, apply gentle pressure.
- Try to perform the Pranayam early in the morning, before the sunrise.
- Close your mouth during the Pranayam. Do not do the pranayama forcefully, you can take rest after 2,3 minutes or whenever you feel tired.
- If you have an ear problem then avoid the Bharamri Pranayam.
Side Effects of Bharamari Breath
For healthy people, there is no side effect of this Pranayam. Just keep in mind the above precautions and you will not face any side effect of this.