There are some mudras in yoga that can only be done by yogis. An ordinary person should not practice them. Khechari Mudra is a Mudra which should be done only by the seekers/yogis. If the common man wants to practice it, then he should practice it in the presence of Yoga Guru.
In this article, we are going to discuss the Khechari Yoga Mudra and how to practice it. By following these steps, a normal person can also practice this mudra (but we only recommend practicing this pose in the presence of a yoga guru).
Khechari mudra has been considered as the original source of divine joy in high-level Yoga practices. This is mainly the sadhana of tongue and palatal. In this practice, a long tongue is of great significance
The human tongue is of two types – long and short. The long tongue is known as Sarpajiva (Snake Tongue). Since some people have a long tongue, they can easily touch the nose with their tongues and can make Khechari mudra.
But whose tongue is small, they face difficulty in practicing the Khechari Mudra. In such a situation, you have to stretch your tongue, which requires friction and exploitation. The tongue connected to the nerve should be cut from the lower part.
How to Do Khechari Mudra
- First, sit in any comfortable Asana. Close your eyes and focus on the Agya Chakra.
- In this Mudra, the seeker should turn his tongue backward as far as possible and touch in the palate (by keeping the mouth shut). Then bring the tongue to a normal position. Practice this mudra up to 50 times per day.
- Many seekers cannot touch their palate with tongue, so there are 3 ways to increase the tongue. Piercing, Conducting, and Tapping.
3 Ways to Enlarge Your Tongue For Khechari Mudra Piercing
There is a nerve in the bottom part of our tongue, which keeps our tongue connected to the jaw. Being connected to the tongue it becomes difficult to touch the palate with the tongue. For this, the nerve should be rubbed with rock salt every day. If separation is possible by surgery then it can be used.
By holding the tongue with the thumb and index finger and moving it around and pulling, the tongue becomes longer.
Apply butter or ghee, stretch the tongue with the fingers of both hands.
In all these actions, do whatever is appropriate in the presence of a Guru/Yoga Teacher.
Khechari Mudra Precautions
- Do not haste in the above practices. With only a slight mistake, the tongue can be destroyed or other adversity may come.
- Do not practice this posture in the absence of a Yoga teacher.
Benefits of Khechari Mudra
- There are many physical, mental, worldly and spiritual benefits of Khechari Mudra which are also mentioned in the scriptures.
- The seeker should make all kinds of efforts to awaken the Kundalini Power and practice Khechari Mudra.
- The passage of Ida, Pingala and Sushumna Nadi is opened when the tongue is inserted.
- By practicing this mudra, the age increases.
- Sleep, laziness, and hunger-thirst do not bother much.
- The Khechari Yoga mudra gives control over the speech.