Udgeeth Pranayama is the simplest practice in the process of pranayama. The practice of this pranayama can also be done easily by a child of 4-5 years. In this exercise, you have to chant Om … Om … Om … (AUM). Udgeeth Pranayam is also called Omkar Jap.
The music that emerges from life is called Udgeeth and pranayama means expansion of prana. By practicing pranayama, we get rid of many diseases and can achieve the ultimate position too. The person who wants to be free from diseases must practice this Pranayam every day. Just as a seed produces endless seeds. In the same way, Omkar is considered to be the source of all Yoga, Meditation, and Pranayama. Maharishi Patanjali says that who chants Omkar receives all the divine powers of the world.
In the process of pranayama, Bhramari Pranayam is practiced before Udgeeth pranayama. In the 7 main pranayamas described by Baba Ramdev, Omkar Jap is practiced at the end. Stress is the main cause of all diseases, by Udgeeth pranayama, all mental illnesses like stress, anxiety can be cured permanently. By doing Bhramari Pranayam and chanting Omkar the person become Inauspiciousness, Ponderous, Fearless, Relaxed, and Obstinate.
How to practice Udgeeth Pranayama or Omkar Jap step by step
- Find a quiet and clean place where the wind is fresh.
- Sit on Padmasana or Sukhasana or Siddhasana, in which you feel comfortable and have a little smile on the face. Sitting on the east side gives more benefits.
- Leave your body loose, there should not be any tension in any part of the body and keep your back straight.
- Connect the tip of Index figure and thumb of both hand and position it on your knees (Dhyan Mudra).
- Close your eyes and focus on the Agya Chakra.
- Speak sound fully with a rhythm of the OM. (like Oooooooomm… Oooooooomm…).
- Repeat this process 5-11 times.
Duration of Udgeeth Pranayama or Omkar Jap
- Take 3-5 seconds during breathing and take 3-5 seconds during quitting.
- There is no time limit for Omkar chanting, if you are doing it for the first time, then do it on the first day only 3 times. After that, extend the duration of your practice every day.
- After practicing daily, this pranayama can be done for 10-20 minutes without any break.
Best time to do Udgeeth Pranayama technique
- Practicing this pranayama before morning sunrise gives more benefits.
- If you are not accustomed to getting up early in the morning, you can practice it any time before 8 o’clock.
- You can practice this pranayama even after 2-3 hours of dinner.
Udgeeth Pranayama Benefits
- This yoga practice gives the patient benefit in insomnia, stress, depression and all types of mental illness.
- Omkar Jap provides proper benefits even in autoimunune diseases.
- If there is any flaw in the body or there is any defect in the body from birth then it can be cured by Udgeeth pranayama.
- Udgeeth Pranayam is also beneficial in heart disease, hypertension, migraine pain, epilepsy etc.
- This yoga practice is also beneficial for patients with schizophrenia.
- By this pranayama, the pain of the body can be erased from the vibrations of Omkar.
- All the infections occurring inside the body by omkar chant come under control.
- It enhances the power of the brain, increases the concentration level, keeps the mind calm and steady, helpful in the terrible nightmare, less sleep, etc.
- It detoxes the body.
- Negativity in the body does not allow the daily practice of dance. The brightness of the face and the brightness of the eyes increase. All types of diseases related to the throat are removed.
Precautions while practicing Udgeeth Pranayam
- Although there is no harmful effect of Omkar Jap. But doing it improperly, it can cause some minor problems. If you are still not sure how to do it, then be sure to first learn from a teacher.
- Take breath according to the power of the body, do not practice it forcefully.
- Practice it with the empty stomach or after 4-5 hours of the meal.
- Try to do pranayama early in the morning before sunrise, doing so will give you more benefits.
- If you feel tired during the exercise, rest for a while.
- Do not practice pranayama by sitting in the wrong posture.
Udgeeth Pranayam Side Effects
Udgeeth Pranayam has no side effects. According to Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev, anyone can practice this pranayama for several hours. Maharishi Patanjali himself used to practice this for 15-18 hours.