Millions of people around the world are suffering from Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Modern medical science says that there is no cure for Crohn’s diseases but by medication and surgery it can be controlled. Now people all around the world are searching Yoga for Crohn’s disease because by Yoga one can permanently cure the Crohn’s disease.
So today we are going to discuss some yoga practices by which you can cure your Crohn’s disease permanently at home.
Yoga Asana for Crohn’s Disease
Yoga Asana is the physical yogic exercise of the body. Below are some Yoga asanas which are very helpful in all problems related to stomach. These asanas are also helpful and beneficial in colitis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
Mandukasana (Frog Pose)
This Yoga Pose is a best practice for stomach related disorders.
How to Do:
- First, find a clear place and sit on Vajrasana.
- Bind the thumbs of both hands and make a fist.
- Now keep the fist together with each other and keep it near the navel.
- Now take a deep breath and leave the body loose. Then lean the body forward while leaving the breath, try to touch the knees by the chest. While doing this, keep the eyes in the front.
- After being in this position for a while, come back to the normal position.
- You can practice this 3-7 times.
Shashankasana (Rabbit Pose)
How to Do:
- Sit in Vajrasana.
- Now, taking the breath in, lift both hands up, then leave the breath out and bend forward. Touch the ground by the forehead.
- Hold this position for 10-20 sec.
- Then inhale and rise up.
- Repeat this 3-7 times.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
How to do:
- First lie upside down and place your both hands below the shoulders.
- Now take a deep breath and slowly lift the upper portion of your body above the ground.
- Take the head backward and keep the hand straight.
- Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds and maintain the speed of breathing normally.
- Practice this for 3-7 times.
Shalbhasana (Locust Pose)
How to Do:
- Lie and keep your hands down your thighs or you can keep the position of your hands as shown in the picture above.
- Place the chin on the floor.
- Now breathe in and lift your head and leg according to the picture. Stay in this position for 10-20 seconds.
- Now exhale and return to normal the normal position.
- Practice this 3-7 times.
Uttanpadasana (Leg Raised Pose)
How to Do:
- Lie down in Savasana and place your hand next to your hips.
- Take a breath and as soon as you breathe slowly lift your legs upwards and make a 45-degree angle with the ground.
- Hold this pose for 10-20 sec and the exhale and come back to Savasana.
- Practice this asana for 3-7 times.
Pawanmuktasana (Gas Release Pose)
How to Do:
- Lie down in Savasana, turn both knees upwards and interlock finger of both.
- Now as you can see in the picture, bring the knees and the head towards each other and touch the knees with your nose.
- After being in this posture for 10-20 seconds, leave the breath out and come back to savasana pose.
- Do this 3-7 times.
Markatasana (Monkey Pose)
How to Do:
- Lie down in Savasana, keep a slight difference between both the legs and the palm is towards the upward direction.
- Bring both the legs near your hip and spread both arms equal to the shoulders.
- Now breathe and bend both legs in the right direction and turn the neck towards the left direction.
- Exhale and come back in normal position.
- Again inhale and bend both the legs in the left direction and turn the neck towards the right direction.
- You can practice this 3-21times.
Pranayama for Crohn’s Disease
Pranayama is a breathing technique in which we make rhythm over our breaths. In the above posture we use our body to cure diseases, but in pranayama, we practice inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath.
In Kapalbhati, we throw breath away from our nostrils. Through the process of throwing the breath, we take out harmful oxidants present in our body. These harmful oxidants are the cause of many dangerous diseases.
By doing this pranayama, the stomach gets full massage and exercise. Kapalbhati Pranayam should be practiced under good guidance, if practiced incorrectly, it can further increase your disease.
Another effective Pranayama practice for ulcerative colitis. Before practicing this pranayama, clean the stomach properly and practice it on the empty stomach.
Vayu Mudra for Crohn’s Disease
Vayu Mudra is best for acidity. Due to acidity, the problem of colitis becomes worse, practice Vayu Mudra in this condition. When you practice Kapalbhati and Bahya pranayama then you should practice these pranayamas by sitting in Vayu mudra for better results. Practice this posture for at least 45 minutes twice a day.
Acupressure for Crohn’s Disease
The problem of colitis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease can be remedied by pressing the calf muscles of the leg. There are many other acupressure points for intestines, but this is the main point through which all stomach problems can be healed.
How to manage Crohn’s disease naturally at Home
- Use gourd juice and vegetable.
- Eat pomegranate: Chew the seeds very well and slowly.
- Eat green vegetables.
- Aegle Marmelos juice is very beneficial in ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease: It clears the stomach and removes the problem of diarrhea.
- Sometimes the stomach is not clear when there is a problem of dysentery. Take 8-10 raisins with seed, Fennel, rose flower and Mulethi and boil it in water, then drink the water with empty stomach twice a day.
Brihat Gangadhar Churna: 50 gm
Bilwadi Churna: 50 gm
Shankh Bhasma: 10 gm
Kapardak Bhasma: 10 gm
Muktashukti Bhasma: 10 gm
Mix all these and take 1 spoon with buttermilk (Mattha) in the morning and 1 spoon with water in the evening. If someone gets constipation, then they should not take Gangadhar powder, make the mixture of other powders and then take it.
If someone has more diarrhea then he can take a Kutajarishta.
4 spoon Kutajarishta + 4 spoon water after lunch and dinner.
If you are not feeling well with all of these, then you can eat only 1 tablet of Camphor (it contain opium, so eat it under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor).
A few decades ago people used to apply wet clay coat on their stomach to manage and treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s diseases in India. At that time the measure was very useful and effective. But nowadays people do not have enough time to wait 20-30 minutes after applying the coating.
Now the alternative for this remedy is to take a cloth and fold it two to three times and make a 4-5 inch wide band. Now soak this cloth in water and bind it to your stomach. By this natural remedy, one can manage your colitis.
How to prevent Crohn’s disease?
- Stop drinking milk.
- Quite alcohol consumption.
- Stop eating meat.
- Stop eating rice.
- If you have acidity then stop eating curd and buttermilk (Mattha).
- Do not eat fried food and fast food.
- Stop drinking cold drinks.