The human body is an amazing piece of art that can keep itself healthy and has so much potential that it can fight diseases. But humans think that their body does not have such a capability, but our sages and scientists believe this reality.
Today we are going to learn the Yoga Hand Mudras, In Hindi language, it is known as Hasta Mudra.
In the mythological era, great saints have presented many theories, they taught many kinds of scientific art. Those ancient arts are present in many forms today. One of them is Hasta Mudra Science.
We can collect the energy which is going outside from our body through Hand mudras and take advantage of their multidimensional benefits.
Our body is made up of five elements of nature. If any element is more or less, then our body gets affected with many types of diseases. Hand mudras play an important role in controlling these elements.
What is Yoga Mudras?
Yoga Mudra is a science through which we transport our inner energy within our self, through which we can eradicate the disorders of our body. That means we can practice Mudra for healing our body.
Mudra means Posture/gesture in English. As we make different types of shapes and poses from our body in Asana. In the same way, we make Mudra by connecting the fingers of our hands.
There are 2 types of Yoga Mudra: Yogic Mudra and Hasta Mudra.
So today we only going to talk about Hasta Mudras Or Hand Mudras.
The science behind Yoga Hand Mudras (Hasta Mudra)
There are many small holes in the fingertip of our hand, out of which energy is released from our body. Science has also proved that different types of Pranic energy from the fingers of our hands emit from our body in the form of magnetic energy.
So through the Yoga Hand Mudras, we do not allow this electromagnetic energy to come out of the body so that the energy starts moving inside our body and we can cure many diseases.
According to the research done by the Indian saints, the power of Panch Tatwa is primarily in the five fingers of our hands. If we make some kind of shape by including these fingers, then we may be able to control the imbalance of the five elements within our body.
As we know our universe is made up of five major elements. On the basis of this theory, our body is also made up of five major elements (Prithvi, Jal, Agni, Vayu, and Akash).
So these five elements in our body will be nurtured on the basis of our lifestyle like food, sleep etc. But according to the lifestyle of today, there is a lack or excess of any element in our body (like acidity which is excess of Vayu Tatwa). This situation creates disbalance in our body and which are an invitation for many diseases. So in order to live a healthy life it is important to maintain a balance between these elements.
Which element is related to which finger?
Little Finger (Kanishtha) – Jal Tattva (Water Element)
Ring Finger (Anamika) – Prithvi Tattva (Earth Element)
Middle Finger (Madhyama) – Akash Tattva (Sky/Space Element)
Index Finger (Tarzana) – Vayu Tattva (Air Element)
Thumb (Angutha) – Agni Tattva (Fire Element)
Yoga Hand Mudras (Hasta Mudra) Rules
- As we know that in Yogic Asana we need a clean place, a teacher and many more things are required. But Hasta Mudras are very easy, you can do anywhere, anytime.
- If we practice Hand Mudras with the right hand, then it gives benefit to the left part of our body and if we practice with the left hand then it gives benefit to the right part of our body. Therefore Yoga Hand Mudras should be practiced with both hands so that it can benefit our whole body.
- Our aim is to stop the outgoing energy and balance the five elements in the body, so do not put pressure on the fingers and hands while practicing the Mudras.
- Sit on a Mudra at least for 45 min. You can sit on a mudra for 15 min by practicing 3 mudras in a day (morning, afternoon and evening).
Types of Yoga Hand Mudra (Hasta Mudras)
The Mudras are innumerable. But here we will talk about those Mudras which balance our mental, physical, and emotional level.
Gyan Mudra (Gesture of Knowledge)
Index Finger + Thumb: Connect the tip of your Index finger and thumb.
Gyan Mudra is a very important posture which is also used in meditation, pranayama etc. Have you ever seen that whenever a yogi, a saint or a meditator meditates, they are mostly seen in the Gyan Mudra? Our nervous system and brain are related to knowledge. So all the disorders related to our brain can be treated by Gyan Mudra.
Benefits of Gyan Mudra
- If your lifestyle is full of stress, then for 45 minutes in Gyan mudra daily and you will feel mentally relaxed.
- Gyan Mudra makes our brains cells stronger.
- Students who do not feel like studying, they should practice this Mudra.
- Many children are retarded due to neurons problem. If the Gyan mudra is applied to such children, then the energy released by their brain reaches the neurons, which can treat the mental disorder.
- Another problem that is very popular nowadays, insomnia. So whenever you go to bed, sleep by applying this gesture.
Vayu Mudra (Gesture of Air)
Index finger + Thumb: Place the top of your index finger on the root of your thumb root.
Air Mudra practice control the imbalance of defects related to air. By practicing this posture for 45 minutes daily, air-related diseases can be cured. But when the disease is cured, stop practicing this posture.
- Helpful in Acidity, Arthritis, Gastric, Tightness in the neck related problems.
- It is also helpful in detoxing the body.
Thumb + Ring Finger + Middle Finger: Connect the tip of all the three fingers. To get benefit from this gesture practice it for 45 min daily.
- This posture helps to excrete the toxin present in our body.
- Those who get less sweat can also practice it.
- It is also beneficial in urinary problems.
Prana Mudra (Gesture Of Life)
Little Finger + Ring finger + Thumb: Connect the tip of all these fingers.
Five lives in our body work (Prana, Apan, Same, Udana, Vina). The respective form of all these is considered to be Prana. So when we practice this mudra, all the diseases which occur due to the lack of prana element all start to recover.
- Helpful in laziness and dizziness.
- Improve concentration power.
Surya Agni Mudra (Gesture Of Sun)
Ring Finger + Thumb: Place the tip of your ring finger on the root of the thumb and apply gentle pressure.
- Reduce obesity.
- Helpful in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Control High Blood Pres
Prithvi Mudra (Gesture Of Earth)
Thumb + Ring finger: Connect the tip of thumb and ring finger and practice it for 30-45 min daily.
- Helpful in body weakness.
- Those who become tired of doing a little bit of work.
Akash Mudra (Gesture Of Space)
Middle Finger + Thumb: Connect the tip of middle finger and thumb.
- Beneficial in ear related diseases.
- Make the heart healthy.
- Makes the bones strong.