In Human body, the number of total Chakras is 144 and the major Chakras are 7. The 7 chakras present in the human body are a major center of “prana” energy (Life-energy).
According to Indian philosophy, there is a prana body inside the physique body of a person, which is made of prana energy, that prana energy keeps human beings alive. This prana energy is present inside our body in various forms.
The 7 Chakras in Human Body and their significance
“Chakra” literally means “wheel”. Chakras are the points present in our body where the main nerves are meet. Although the shape of these chakras is triangular yet, they are known as Chakras.
E.g By connecting of 3 rivers at any confluence, a vortex is formed which rotates in a circular manner.
The points where 3 rivers meet at any confluence forms a vertex. Exactly in the same way in our body where blood and chemical component circulate that point is known as Chakras.
However, there are more than 250 major and minor chakras in a human body, but 114 of these are the main chakras. Of these 114 chakras, seven chakras are major, which we will learn today through this article.
Understanding Human Body Chakras
In order to understand the chakras in a more brief way, we must also know about life energy and awareness.
Life Energy: Regarding life energy, we have stated above that inside the physical body there is the Pranic Body which keeps a human being alive, it is called prana energy.
Awareness: When we increase the level of prana energy in our body then we depart towards awareness. When we move from one chakra to the other cycle, then it implies that we are moving towards consciousness. When our awareness grows then we understand things very well and our creativity increases.
What Science Says about Human Chakras
According to science, there are so many powers in the human brain that they cannot even be estimated. We are using these powers equal to nothing. If we start using that part of the brain that we have not used so far, then we can get such powers that will make us a great human being.
Science has verified this today, but thousands of years ago, the sage Munis of ancient India had already confirmed that human beings can connect with the source of life energy through their mind.
Nowadays, there are discussions about the seven chakras present in the human body throughout the whole world, such as Chakra Healing, Chakra Meditation, and Chakra Balance. We are going to discuss all the 7 Chakras in the human body through this article.
7 Chakras In Human Body – Meaning, Point, Color, & Symbol
These are the seven major Chakras of the Human Body.
- Muladhara Chakra (The Root or Base Chakra)
- Swadhisthana Chakra (The Sacral Chakra)
- Manipura Chakra (The Solar Plexus Chakra)
- Anahata Chakra (The Heart Chakra)
- Vishudhi Chakra (The Throat Chakra)
- Agya Chakra (The Third Eye Chakra)
- Sahasrara Chakra (The Crown Chakra)
All these 7 chakras are in some way are linked to our life. By balancing the flow of energy in these seven chakras, we can be physically and mentally healthy. Here is the chart of Chakras given below:
|Name of Chakra||Element||Color||Mantra||Point (Location)|
|The Root Chakra||Earth||Red||Lam (लं)||End of the Spinal Cord|
|The Sacral Chakra||Water||Orange||Vam (वं)||Between Navel & Genital Organ|
|The Solar Plexus Chakra||Fire (Agni)||Yellow||Ram (रं)||4 fingers above the Navel|
|The Heart Chakra||Air (Vayu)||Green||Yam (यं)||Center of the Chest|
|The Throat Chakra||Sound||Blue||Ham (हं)||Throat Area|
|The Third Eye Chakra||Light||Indigo||Om (ॐ)||Forehead (between the eyebrows)|
|The Crown Chakra||Thought (Aakash or Space)||Violet||Om (ॐ)||Top of the Head|
The order of seven Chakras is from bottom to top i.e., from the root chakra to the crown chakra. Each chakra has its own significance and plays an important role in the human body. Here is the brief information of 7 major Chakras of the Human body.
1. Muladhara Chakra (Root Chakra)
Muladhara chakra is the first chakra in seven chakras situated in our body. Many people do not give importance to this chakra. But as the foundation of the building is its base/basis, the root of the tree is its basis, in the same way, the Muladhara chakra is the basis of the human body.
When the powers are beginning to enter within us then it is very important that our body should be healthy. If we do not have a suitable body then we will not be able to withstand those powers. That’s why the Mooladhar Chakra makes our body capable of receiving these powers.
Muladhara Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbol: Symbolically it is depicted as a four-leaf lotus flower which indicates the four senses of the unconscious mind of a human being.
Mantra: Lam (लं)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Confidence and stability
Point In Our Body: This chakra is located near the anus, end of the spinal cord.
Related Planet: Mars
Gods and Goddesses: Charturbhuj Brahma and Dakini
Chakras Below The Mooladhara Chakra
There are also 7 chakras below the Mooladhar chakra which are rarely mentioned. As below as our life energy is from the Mooladhar Chakra, the more we remain attached to worldly life.
There is no difference between those humans and animals whose pranic energy resides in the Patala chakra.
Thus, in chakras above the Patala chakra, it is found that some people are so lost in worldly life that they do not see anything except money and lust.
So in this way, the seven chakras which are located under the Mooladar chakra, most human beings are trapped in these same chakras.
Signs of Muladhara Chakra Activation
When the Muladhara Chakra is activated of a person, the following qualities appear.
- With the awakening of the Mooladhara Chakra, our interests begin to end with worldly things.
- Lack of appetite at a healthy level.
- Sensitivity arises towards all the creatures.
- There is a deep experience of everything.
- By awakening this chakra, the Kundalini Shakti is also awakened.
- The confidence level will increase.
- By awakening, this chakra, many kinds of diseases of the body begin to cure.
When Muladhara chakra become Unbalanced:
If the first cycle is unbalanced, then emotionally, the person experiences negativity, desire, temptation, and insecurity. Signs like impotence, food disorder, sciatica and prostate in men can be seen when the Muladhara chakra is blocked.
2. Swadhisthana Chakra (Sacral Chakra)
Swadhisthana Chakra is the second chakra located above the Muladhara Chakra in our body. This chakra is also known as religious chakra and is approximately 3 centimeters above the Muladhara.
Swadhishthana chakra is the place where human understanding and the second phase of human culture begins. Swadhishthana chakra is related to our reproductive system and abdominal organs. If this cycle is unbalanced, then disorders begin to come in our reproductive system and abdominal area.
Swadhisthana Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbol: Symbolically it is depicted as a six-leaf lotus flower in which every leaf represents the six negative characteristics of human nature.
Mantra: Vam (वं)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Peace and Forgiveness
Point In Our Body: The area between the Navel and genital organ (3 inches below the navel).
Related Planet: Mercury
Gods and Goddesses: Vishnu and Shakini
Signs of Swadhisthana Chakra Activation
- When the person’s Swadhisthana chakra becomes activated, then the human’s risk-taking ability is increased.
- The person becomes creative.
- Humans themselves feel very balanced.
When Swdhisthana chakra become Unbalanced
- Due to the unbalancing of this cycle, there is dissatisfaction in the physical relations of a man and woman.
- Lack of loneliness, depression, fear, and self-confidence are felt.
- Constipation, abdominal pain, and unusual menstrual body signs are seen when there is an obstruction in this chakra.
3. Manipura Chakra (Solar Chakra)
Manipura Chakra is the 3rd chakra of a human body and is located above the Swadhisthana chakra in our body. This chakra is also known as Nabhi chakra.
The Manipura chakra is related to the navel area and is said to the security guard of our body. When our Manipura Chakra becomes unbalanced then the number of ego increases in life. And it becomes the main cause of physical and mental problems.
Manipura Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbol: The 10 petals of the lotus are the symbolically represented in the Manipur Chakra. These important ten petals represent 10 powers that keep human life healthy. A triangle in the bottom of the Manipur Chakra is also shown which symbolizes expansion of positive energy.
Mantra: Ram (रं)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Power and Patience.
Point: This chakra is located 4 fingers above from the Navel.
Gods and Goddesses: Rudra and Shakti Devi Lakini
Different Signs of Manipura Chakra Opening
- Those people whose prana energy gathered in the Manipura Chakra, they become Karma Yogi.
- Such people are capable of performing every work in the world.
- Intellectual capacity increases.
- The ability to fulfill the expression of desire and plans is achieved.
When Manipura Chakra Become Unbalanced
When a person’s Manipura cycle becomes unbalanced, then the person becomes a victim of diseases such as ulcers, asthma, diabetes, poor digestion.
4. Anahata Chakra (Heart Chakra)
Anahata Chakra is the central Chakra of the seven chakras. This Chakra reveals love, friendship, forgiveness, patience and is connected with love and compassion. This Chakra is the center between physical and spiritual aspirations. This chakra relates to our social identity.
Anahata Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbole: The chakra is symbolically represented with 12 petals of the lotus. These 12 petals represent the divine qualities of the heart.
Mantra: Yam (यं)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Unconditional love and Compassion.
Point: This chakra is located in the center of the chest where both the ribs meet
Gods and Goddesses: Trinetri Hans and Kakini
Signs of Anahata Chakra Opening
- When a person’s Anahata Chakra is awakened, then people accept everything openly.
- The feeling of sympathy towards others is manifested.
- Qualities like humanity, tolerance, and patience are manifested inside the human.
When Anahata Chakra Become Unbalanced
Due to the unbalance of the Anahata Chakra inhibition of respiratory diseases, lung diseases, and cardiovascular disease appear.
5. Vishudhi Chakra (Throat Chakra)
Vishudhi Chakra is the 5th Chakra of the seven chakras present in the human body. Vishuddhi is a Sanskrit word meaning to be purified. It means that after the awakening the Vishuddha Chakra, the body is purified at the physical and mental levels.
Vishudhi Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbole: The 16 petals of the lotus are symbolically represented in the Vishudhi Chakra. These sixteen petals represent sixteen vowels of Sanskrit.
Mantra: Ham (हं)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Truthfulness and Self-respect.
Point: This chakra is located in our throat area.
Gods and Goddesses: Shiva in the form of Ardhanarishwar and Sakini
Signs of Vishudhi Chakra Opening
- With the awakening of the Vishudhi Chakra, a sense of speaking truth appears in the man.
- This chakra increases man’s loyalty and faith.
- The opening of the Vishudhi Chakra increases confidence.
When Vishudhi Chakra Become Unbalanced:
Problems like neck and shoulder pain arise due to the imbalance in the Vishudhi chakra. Thyroid disease is also caused due to blockages in this cycle.
6. Agya Chakra Or Ajna Chakra (Third Eye Chakra)
The third eye chakra is the center of intuition and foresight. All the chakras we have discussed so far have been connected to one Nadi (Sushumna Nadi). But Agya Chakra is connected to 3 Nadis (Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna).
There are such powers in the Agya chakra that sometimes when this chakra becomes activated the human beings can able to predict past and future. But to open the Agya chakra is not a game.
Agya Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbole: The 2 petals with lotus are symbolically represented in the Agya Chakra. These 2 petals represent the line of partition between human consciousness and divine.
Element: There is no element in Agya Chakra
Mantra: Om (ॐ)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Affordability and Equality.
Point: This chakra is located between our eyebrows.
Gods and Goddesses: Lord Shiva and Hakini
Signs of Agya Chakra Opening
- This acquires knowledge of formless consciousness.
- Knowledge is gained from this.
- Those whose Agya chakra is fully balanced, they never get angry.
- The person becomes intelligent and genius.
When Agya Chakra Become Unbalanced
- When the order cycle becomes unbalanced, then the person starts having mental disorders.
- The person became confused.
- Memory power deceased.
7. Sahasrara Chakra (Crown Chakra)
Sahasrara Chakra is also known as Brahma Chakra
Sahasrara Chakra is not present in our physical body, it is present four fingers above from our head. It is located on top of our head like a crown, which spreads the ray from the top. This is why it is also called crown chakra.
Sahasrara Chakra – Point, Color, Symbol
Symbole: There are thousands of petals in the symbol of this chakra.
Element: No element
Mantra: Om (ॐ)
Guru Mantra: The guru mantra to activate this chakra is Self-purity and non-discrimination.
Point: Top of the head.
Signs of Sahasrara Chakra Opening
- Knowledge grows.
- Human meets the ultimate consciousness.
- Human beings are liberated from limited bonds.
- Awareness is experienced.
When Sahasrara Chakra Become Unbalanced
- Mainly relates to our psychic and skin. Apart from this, it also relates to the glands secreted by the eye, ears, gland and other hormones. Due to the unbalancing of this cycle, all the above-mentioned organs cause disorders.
- Angry behavior towards family members.
How To Balance And Heal The Seven Chakras
When negative energy is accumulated in our chakras, then this energy stops us to move forward in the path of Kundalini.
When a person falls sick, in general, it means that his chakra is unbalanced. If a person is able to balance his chakras, he can also get rid of his disease as well as move along the path of the Kundalini Jagran.
Chakra Balancing Meditation
The frequency of prana energy in every chakra present in our body is different. Balancing this frequency is called Chakra Balancing.
There are several techniques for cleaning and balancing the chakras. Here we are giving you a simple meditation technique for chakra balancing.
While practicing this technique focus on that chakra point which you want to balance.
- Take a deep breath and hold the breath in as long as possible.
- After holding the breath for 10-15 sec leave the breath slowly.
- After breathing out, immediately breathe in again and repeat the same steps as above.
- Practice this for 10 minimum.
In this procedure, when you hold the breath inside, then carbon starts depositing in your body. And when you leave the breath out, this carbon comes out from your body along with negative energy.
Chakra Healing and Balancing –Trataka Meditation
- First of all, choose a quiet room and keep the low lights in the room.
- Now put the picture of that Chakra in front of you which you want to balance.
- Now chant the mantra of that chakra which you want to awake, chant the mantra for 1 minute.
- After chanting the mantra for 1 minute, gaze the picture of the chakra in front of you.
- Do this practice for 5 min on the first day, and then gradually increase the duration.
Note: We do not advise anyone to practice these techniques without any guidance. Everyone should heal and balance their chakras in the presence of the guru (Master). Bad practice can give you bad results.
FAQs On Human Body Chakras
Question: Do the Chakras really exist?
Answer: Yes, modern science also agrees that chakras are real, along with this there are some devices available through which we can see Aura and Chakras of human beings.
Question: Which one of my chakras is awake?
Answer: Whether you are doing or not doing any kind of meditation/Sadhana, but there is a Chakra in your body that is awake to some extent. Some yogis say that all the chakras in the human body remain awake to some extent.
Question: From which chakra should I start?
Answer: Many people think that if they awakened the Agya Chakra (Third Eye) then all their other chakras would be awakened themselves. It may happen but it is not at all beneficial.
The beginning of the awakening of chakras should always be done from the Muladhara chakra. With the Muladhara chakra awakening, we start to separate from the worldly things and when our mind will be removed from worldly things, and then we will move towards the life energy.
If we leave the other chakras and awaken the Agya Chakra directly, then worldly things pull us again towards them. So start with the Muladhara chakra only.