‘Ardha’ means ‘Half’ and ‘Chandrasana’ means ‘Pose Like Moon’. While doing this asana, the shape of the body becomes like the half moon that is why it is known as Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose).
Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) First Variation
- Stand up happily straight away.
- Keep both legs at a distance of about 2 to 3 feet and keep both the hands parallel to the ground.
- Lean towards the right side and bend the right knee (as shown in the picture below).
- Now gradually settle the whole balance into the right side and slowly lift the left leg.
- Lift the left foot that much so that the right-hand palm touches the ground.
- But the weight of the body lies on the right foot and the hip.
- Keep the left-hand parallel to the side of the waist.
- Wait for 10 to 20 seconds in this position.
- Come to your original position respectively and now do this asana from the other leg.
Keep breathing-naturally in the last stage.
- Strengthens the lower part of the spinal cord.
- Whose feet shivers, do this asana surely they will get the benefit.
- Gives benefit by correcting the knee pain.
- Makes the body lighter by removing the air.
Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Second Variation
It is also known as Ardha Ushtrasana.
- First, sit on Vajrasana Pose and then stand on your knees.
- Now tilt the back and head backward and tie your hands in front of the chest.
Breathing Sequence And Duration
Inhale while bending backward (hold this position for 5-10 sec) and breathe out when you return to the original state.
- Removes constipation.
- Makes digestive system strong.
- Waist and Spinal Cord diseases are cured.
Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Third Variation
- Stand on your knees.
- Bring the left foot around one foot forward and keep the paw on the ground.
- Now pull the right foot back and lifting the hands upwards, tilt the neck and back slowly in the backward direction and make Ardha Chandrasana pose.
- Revert to the original position and repeat the asana with another leg.
Focus on Swadhishthana chakra while doing this asana.
Breathing Sequence And Duration
Breathe while bending backward and breathe out while returning to the original state. This is one round. Do this 5 times.
- Smooth the body’s blood circulation.
- Makes the spinal cord strong and elastic.
- Gives stability to the legs muscles.
- Very beneficial for female diseases.
- Gives substantial benefits to Cervical and lungs.
Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Fourth Variation
- First, sit on Vajrasana Pose and then stand on your knees while raising your both hands.
- Slowly bend backward and tilt the spinal cord so that the palms touch the soles.
- Keep in this position according to your stamina and then come back to the original position.
Inhale while bending backward and exhale while coming back to the normal position.
- This asana makes the spinal cord flexible.
- Acidity patient gets relief from joint pain.
- Waist, back, spinal cord, stomach, neck, and head gradually get rid of diseases.
- Women can get many benefits from this posture.
- We also automatically get the Benefits which we get from Chakrasana by the practice of this posture.
Ardha Chandrasana Precaution
- Persons suffering from complex abdominal diseases do not practice this posture.
- People with low blood pressure, do not practice this asana.
- If you feel a headache while practicing the asana, stop practicing immediately.